- Reservations are required for dining at this time. Memberships include the primary member and their spouse or domestic partner, who enjoy the same opportunities and offerings the club has to offer.
- Guests must be accompanied by members in order to utilize the club.
- Gratuities are not accepted by club staff. Members show their support and appreciation through donations to an annual Employee Holiday Fund.
- Firearms or weapons are not permitted on Club property.
- The parking lot is available to members and their guests only when using club facilities. The lot is attended during lunch hours. Valet services are available during dinner service.
- Smoking is not permitted on Club property. Cigar smoking is permitted on the patio during special club-sponsored events.
- Any suggestions or feedback should be addressed to the General Manager.
From professionals to families to legacy members, The University Club provides a common ground for those who lead, inspire, and innovate to connect. Membership consists of a primary member and spouse/domestic partner.
Types Of Membership
Members who live or work in Rhode Island or within 30 miles of the Clubhouse.
Members who live and work beyond 30 miles of the Clubhouse.
Membership tier for those whose Primary occupation and source of income is employment by a college or university.
Members under 40 receive reduced dues.
Additional fees provide 24/7 access to courts & locker rooms, clinics and leagues.
Exercise - Additional fees for 24/7 access to exercise facilities and locker rooms.
Current member (sponsor) requests an application for new candidates which is presented to the Membership Committee for approval.
Upon approval from the Membership Committee Chair, candidates receive an application, FAQ document, fee schedule, and resources defining the membership process.
Upon receipt of Membership Application, it is posted for vetting in the Clubhouse for 30 days.
At the conclusion of the vetting process, the Board of Directors votes to accept new candidates, and the admissions process is complete!
Smart casual and business attire are appropriate for dining at the Club. While jackets are not required, they are encouraged in the main dining room.
Athletic apparel such as sneakers, t-shirts, shorts, sweats, caps, etc., are not permitted except in the athletic facilities. We ask our members and guests to please remove hats before entering the Clubhouse.
Electronic Device Policies
Electronic device usage is permitted in the following areas:
Locker Rooms, Telephone Closet, Fitness Rooms, Private Dining Rooms.
Electronic device usage is not permitted in the following areas:
Grille Room, Bar, Parlor, Patio, Main Dining Room.
Cancellation Policies: Some events are non-refundable at the time of purchase.
Event reservations cancelled within 72 hours of events may be subject to payment in full.
Member Only events are open to members and their spouses/domestic partners. Members may invite family & friends to all other events, based upon availability.
At the University Club, we continuously keep in mind the confidentiality of our members while also continuously improving our business and the services offered. When using our services, you agree to the collections and use of personal information that we use to better ourselves for our members. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the usage of cookies or personal information usage, please contact us.